More than a week ago, Kristie tagged me with the 5 Secrets meme. It may seem that I've been stalling on this one, but that's really not the case. The truth is, I'm having a hard time coming up with five things I haven't spilled to you guys already!! Some of these may be lame, but I don't have much to work with.
- I've talked about how Pea and I have been taking ballroom dance lessons for about three years. But did I ever mention that we actually did one dance competition? I don't have much of a desire to do another one, but we did have a really great time doing the one competition we did. I've never seen so many sequins or worn so much make-up in my whole life!! Our time on the dance floor went by in a blur. How did we do? We placed first in each event we danced!!! Are you impressed? Don't be! Most student's compete with their teacher as their partner. We chose to compete with each other as our partners, so we were in the Amateur Competitor's class. More specifically, we were THE ONLY AMATEUR COUPLE. I still consider it lucky that they gave us first place. They could have say "Yes, you are competing against no one, but we still don't think you're good enough for a first place medal!"
- When I did the Two Truths and a Lie meme, I made up a story of how Pea and I met for my lie. So how did we really meet? At a Singles Group. A friend had been bugging me for months to go to a singles group with her, but I was not interested. For some reason, I just didn't think that sort of thing was for me. Eventually another of our friends agreed to go with her, and they kept telling me what fun it was and that I should go. One week, they were meeting at a restaurant that I really like, and I went just for the nachos. Pea was there and I noticed him right off, but spent the evening talking to a guy that was sitting closer to me. I kept going to the singles group, and over time became more and more interested in Pea. I was too shy to talk to him and he was too shy to talk to me, but eventually the inevitable happened and we got to know each other. And the rest, is history. Side note: Those two friends I went the the group with . . . they are both still single. I'm sure they must hate me for being the one who didn't want to go to the singles group and the one that ended up meeting the love of my life there.
- I love my blog and my blog name, but there are times when I wish I had gone for something much shorter. Especially when I participated in Rhinebeck Blogger Bingo and had to walk around saying "I'm Karen from Musings of a (mostly) Self-Taught Knitter" all day long!! I'm sure it was a b!tch to get my blog name in that little bingo square too!! And I also wish I had thought of a snappy user-name, (like MissyJoon, Scout, or Jessalu) instead of just being Karen.
- Do you remember me talking about taking web classes some day? Well, my first on-line web design course starts next week!! I'm ridiculously excited about it, and dragged Pea to Target yesterday for a new notebook, binder, pens and highlighters. I probably don't even need them, but I was so excited about the class that I couldn't resist getting back to school supplies!!
- Hmmm, I'm having a really hard time thinking of one last secret. Okay, okay, I'm going to bite the bullet and admit to how many miles of yarn I have in my stash. Are you ready??
(hanging head in shame)