Can you stand one more list of weird things? This meme has been all over blog-land, and I've been tagged twice, so it's about time I get my weirdness posted. (Even though I've been tagged twice, I'm not posting twelve things. If I posted that many weird habits, I may scare you all off!!) I must admit, this is one meme I haven't tired of reading - I've been strangely fascinated by every one's weird habits. I guess it makes me feel better about mine. So here we go!!
Six weird things about me:
- I have never outgrown my childhood fear of escalators. I'm pretty okay on the up ones, but have big problems with the down ones. I stand at the top with my foot out, and about six steps pass by before I can work up the courage to get on.
- I can't take the "top one" of anything. Plates on the buffet table, magazines on the rack, boxes of cereal, cartons of milk, bags of salad greens. Doesn't matter - I always dig for the second or third.
- Brushing my teeth makes me gag. Flossing makes me gag too. Every morning and every night, I gag through my tooth cleaning regime. On a really bad day . . . . well, I don't want to "over-share" . . . . but lets just say on a really bad day I have to start the tooth brushing process all over again.
- Immediately upon arriving in a hotel room, I must unpack all of my belongings and put them away. I also force Pea to do the same. The vacation does not being until everything is unpacked.
- I am really annoyed by noises. People popping their gum will send me over the edge. Ditto for slurping beverages and music I can hear through their earphones. Loud car radios get to me too. And when people pop bubble wrap, I have a melt-down.
- I've read many "weird thing" entries about people not being able to sleep unless the sheets and blankets are made up just so. I'm on board with that one, but here's another. I also can not sleep if the closet door is open. Nope, the closet door must be shut tight when we go to bed. Don't ask me why - but I guess it's to keep the monsters from escaping.
I've lost track of who has and hasn't done this meme yet, so I'll refrain from tagging anyone because I'm pretty sure I'm the last one to do it. But if you haven't, please consider yourself tagged and let me know you'll be posting your list!!! I can't wait to come read it!