I was told these Monkey Socks knit up really quickly. And it sure is true. I cast on Sunday night and look where I am now. For a slow knitter like me, this is amazing.
I actually thought I might finish this sock today, but I've discovered a few things that get in the way of sock knitting.
- Hearing a funny noise while drinking morning coffee and deciding it must either be the new DVR cable box, or the refrigerator, which is on it's last leg.
- Deciding that the funny noise is neither of these, but must be the laundry.
- Realizing that the laundry should have finished an hour ago, and upon going to check, finding the entire basement floor covered in two inches of water with more spraying out of the back of the washing machine.
- Running up and down the cellar stairs numerous times during the day to be sure the pump borrowed from Dad is still pumping water out.
- Trying to take a shower and realizing that the two inches of water have put out the pilot light on the hot water heater. Also, the hot water heater needs hours to dry out before the light can be re-lit and no hot water remains because it's all over the basement floor.
- Using the wet-vac to suck up the rest of the water, and then dropping the whole thing when trying to carry it outside to empty, thus returning all water to the basement floor.