Thank you all for the sympathetic comments to my little flood last week. I don't deal well with those home emergencies and found the whole thing overwhelming. But, yesterday some lovely delivery men from Lowe's came with these:
Nothing like shiny new appliances to make everything seem better. I love having my freezer on the bottom now - it's so much more convenient and I have to wonder why these models are so hard to find? The household budget isn't very happy about the purchases, but they were very necessary and our tax refund will cover it. So things are looking good. I even managed to catch up on all my e-mails and blog reading today. Now if I could only get the reading done and quizzes completed for my on-line courses, I'd be completely back on track.
Speaking of getting on track, it's hard to believe April is here already. I think a monthly To Knit list is in order, to help me figure out what exactly my goals and deadlines are and to help me finish projects instead of knitting out of control. So, my goals for April are:
- Finish and block Kiri Shawl in time to wear to a wedding on April 15th.
- Finish second Monkey sock.
- Finish a pair of Fetchings as March's Holiday Headstart project. (Ooopps, yes, I'm a month late on that one.)
- Find and knit something for April Holiday Headstart project. (I think I have something picked out, just waiting for the pattern to be released.)
- Swatch and start Tahoe when yarn arrives. (Would love to finish in April too, but that's not likely.)
- Finish (or at least work on) Red Koigu Socks.
April has also brought a new round of Runagogo. I did manage my 100 Miles by April 1st, and I've reset my ticker for Round 2. But I've upped my personal goal to 200 miles. I think that may be a bit much, but if I can make it to 150 I'll be happy. And if I end up doing the 200, I'll be extra proud! Want to walk too? It's not to late to join.