Did you see Kristen's post yesterday, in which her adorable husband unknowingly renamed her latest project? Since I thought it was so cute, and we both knit the same pattern with the same yarn, I asked if I could rename my project too. And she was all for it. (Let's all pretend not to notice that this was on my needles for almost 4 months, while hers took about four days from start to finish!!)
As it turns out, the name is more fitting than I had imagined. It seems that my body had been invaded by the John Travolta of germs . . . they just keep making a comeback. Last evening my throat started to hurt, and today it's positively on fire. So I'm spending the day on the couch with a cup of tea and my "Cuppa Tea". Since I won't subject you to the splendor that is me in sweatpants with air dried hair, I let my "teas" model together.
Cast on: 21 October 2006
Completed: 11 February 2007
Yarn: Brooks Farms Four Play, about 2 1/2 skeins
Needles: Knit Picks Options, US8 (5mm)
And the "money shot". (Some one is going to be searching for *ahem* something else and be very disappointed to see my knitting and a tea bag! *grin*)
I'm really happy with how this came out. I stretched it out as far as I could during blocking, and the result is a light, airy garment that works as a scarf or a shawl. It's so soft and cozy, that I've got it draped around my shoulders right now. It makes quite a fashion statement with the sweats!!