I've been fending off some kind of cold / virus for the past couple of days. Basically, I haven't done much except lay on the couch and knit. The upside is that I'll have some good knitting progress to share this week. First is a project I started late Friday.
Cast On: 21 September 2007
Completed: 24 September 2007
Yarn: Bernat Handcrafter Cotton - Apple Green
Needles: Susan Bates US7 (4.5mm) metal straights
In my current Monk-like state, I do a thing I like to call "Daily Maintenance Cleaning" (in addition to my normal weekly scrubbing of the house). First, I straighten up each room (but who am I kidding, usually nothing is out of place anyway). Then I Windex all surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom. Then I vacuum all the floors. Then I damp mop the floors in the kitchen and bathroom. For the kitchen, I have a great micro-fiber mop that I can just wet down and mop, and then toss in the laundry every few days. But for the bathroom, I was using Swiffer Wet pads. I hated the thought of throwing away a pad each day, so I knit up this cotton Swiffer cover. Perfect solution!!
I tried it out this morning, and my only problem was that the cotton bloomed so much when I wet it down that it kept falling off the mop. As soon as it dries, I'll rip out the seams and sew it up smaller. Can't wait to take it for a second test run tomorrow!! But for now, it's back to the couch.
PS: I promise, the rest of the knitting I'll show you this week will be much less boring! My socks are done and my shawl is coming along really well. Slowly, but really well!