The Neno’s Award Rules and Regulations:
1. As a dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
2. To seek the reasons why we all love blogging.
3. Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it.
4. Don’t forget to mention the person who gives you the award.
5. Answer the award’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
6. Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.
7. Don’t forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.
Okay, so I've already messed this award up by breaking rule and regulation #3. It's taken me almost two weeks to get this posted. Does that mean it gets revoked? I sure hope not!
Why do I love blogging? Well, l started my blog in 2005 after reading about knitting blogs in Stitch N Bitch. I started seeking and reading knitting blogs and I thought to myself "Self, you've always liked to write. Why shouldn't you start your own blog?" And so the little blog with the longest name ever was born. I've had times when I've lost my blogging mojo but I've never once considered giving up my blog for good.
I love to blog for several reasons . . . .
- the blogging community - I have made so many good friends and gotten so much support over the years. I never could have imagined the wonderful people my blog would bring into my life.
- the flow of information - It's true that I taught myself to knit. But you know who else has taught me to knit? All of you. Everyone who posted a link to a tutorial, completed a project that inspired me to try a new technique, blogged about a knit-along I felt compelled to join, or answered a question when I posted a panicked plea for help. Without all of you, I wouldn't be the knitter I am today. (I'll leave out the part about enabling my yarn purchases - but I thank you for that too!!)
- the "memories" - I love that my blog is my own personal account of the past four years of my life. What was I knitting in 2007? The answer is just a click away. When did we re-do the outside of our house? That's there too. How did we spend our second anniversary? The archives have the answer.
Passing this award along is hard, because I could never fit the list of bloggers who deserve it into one post. So I'm going to limit my list to two knitting friends.
First, Trina at Ballatrina's knitting and other bits and bobs . . . . Trina is a wonderful knitter, a wonderful blogger and a wonderful friend. She's one of my biggest supporters. She also might be the reader who lives the farthest from me - although I'm pretty bad with map stuff. ;) She's getting ready to embark on some new adventures in her life, so go check her out!
Second, Qutecowgirl at Adventures in Life and Knitting. After a bit of a blog hiatus, I couldn't be happier to have her back posting again. Her projects are beautiful. She has an Etsy store stocked with beautiful yarns she's dyed and bags she's sewn. We both deal with ongoing medical issues, so I feel a special bond with her and she inspires me to no end. As for the map stuff, she lives fairly close to me and I'm hoping we'll be able to meet up some time in the future.
So that's what blogging is to me. Why do you write and read blogs? Who and what inspires you?