I really don't "rock". I was never one of the popular kids in school. I've always been pretty shy. So I was thrilled when Sonya named ME as a Rockin' Girl Blogger!!!!!
I read tons of other blogs that rock, so coming up with only five to share with you is no easy task (and probably explains why I've put this post off for so long). But here are five you shouldn't miss.
- MissyJoon at Persian Purls and Yarnovers. She is never afraid to take on any knitting challenge, and often manages to coerce me into knitting them with her (and I'm never sorry). She is an avid reader and makes wonderful book recommendations. She is caring, supportive, fun and generous - qualities that make her a great friend, an awesome Mom, and a Rockin' Girl Blogger.
- Ragan at Ragan Knits. Ragan is one of those Super Crafters . . . she knits, she crochets, she sews (including intricate little Barbie clothes!!), she does paper crafts, and more! She's a home-decorating whiz (as seen by her recent bathroom re-do). She holds down the fort during a personally tough time (which I'm not sure I'm supposed to talk about, so I'll be vague for now). She Rocks!!
- Christine at Knitting on Trial. She's a lawyer and a knitter and a mom to three incredible (and sometimes head-strong) beautiful dachshunds. She not only rides a motorcycle, but has started her own business catering to the highly overlooked female motorcycle population. If that doesn't rock, I don't know what does!!
- Kathy at Irisheyes Knitting Blog. I'm quite sure if you asked her, Kathy would say she doesn't rock . . . but she would be so wrong! She fearlessly coerces strangers to hold her knitting on a regular basis and gets them to allow her to post their pictures as her Guest Bloggers. She never gives up trying to figure out the ins and outs of Blogger and has overcome her "link problems" (hurray, she is now a Linker Extraordinaire!!). Her blog is full of great knitting (both by her and by others), wonderful pictures, interesting stories and fun contests. That makes her pretty Rockin' in my book.
- Olga at Yo La Tejo. Her blog is always a source of drool-worthy knitting, sewing, cooking and general craftiness. She is a master Thrift Shopper, coming home with treasure the likes of which I've never seen in any thrift stores. She gets extra points for often quoting Gone With The Wind. And she does this all while in Grad. school. That really rocks!!