The past week has been filled with a WIP of a different kind. Remember that bathroom re-do we started over a year ago? Like many of my knitting WIPs, we kind of lost the love on this project and put it into Hibernation. But last week, Pea took some days off and we dove in on this UFO. Forces were working against us. Five days of rain and humidity made the primer and each coat of paint take at least 7 hours to dry. (We used that time to visit with some family that was down from Maine). So it's not quite a FO yet, but at least we're getting somewhere.
The walls are progressing . . .
there has been lots of patching and painting . . .
and the new vanity and sink are finally in, along with a bead-board backsplash to replace those ugly tiles!!
Obviously, we still have a lot of work left. None of the trim has been painted. Neither has the outside of the claw-foot tub. The new light and medicine cabinet have not been installed. All the little bath accessories still need to be purchased and put in. And a new curtain needs to be made. I'm hoping we can get this accomplished over the next few weekends.
Of course, progress on this WIP has been made at the sacrifice of many other things! I'm behind on my on-line class. I haven't been posting to my blogs. I have barely been commenting or e-mailing people. I have mounds of dirty laundry waiting and I can remember the last time I cooked a good meal instead of ordering take-out. And knitting progress has been going SLOW. So if I'm a little scarce for the next week or so, it's just because I'm trying to get life back on track. Those big WIPs sure have a way of taking over!!